01 November 2005

Into the New: Exploring Anime

I am a devoted and enthusiastic anime watcher. I am not a rabid manga-swallowing, own-every-anime-ever-made, dub-anime-watcher killer. I thoroughly enjoy this form of animation and the ideas and concepts brought up throughout the media. The list of anime series/movies I have watched includes but is not limited to: Cowboy Bebop, Tenchi Muyo, Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto, Wolf's Rain, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, Record of Lodoss Wars, Escaflowne, Ghost in the Shell, .hack//sign, Nightwalker, Magic Knights Rayearth, Saiyuki, Read or Die, Weathering Continent, Pretear, and Mononoke Hime. Some of these I have not seen in entirety (Ranma 1/2, Naruto, Saiyuki), and others I have not mentioned I have recently started watching (Noir, Haibane Renmei).

Hopefully here, through my explorations into the world of anime, I can come to better understand this form of art that I have come to love and respect. I do not consider myself an "expert" in this area, but instead am interested in learning more.

To better remember and catalog what I watch, I wish to share my opinions about the anime series I watch, perhaps even enticing others to watch without giving away too much of the plotline. Many of series listed above I watched quite a long time ago, and only remember general feelings and plots, while the ones I newly watch I can more succinctly state why I do or do not enjoy the anime. Either way, the posts will come as I get the urge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home