03 January 2007

A Change In The Wind

Of all of Hayao Miyazaki's films, I watched Princess Mononoke (Mononoke-hime) first. So, when I watched his earlier film Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (Kaze no tani no Naushika) for the first time, my immediate reaction was to say, "Oh, Princess Mononoke was a natural evolution from this film. This one was imperfect so he did it over, and you can see that in his later film."

I was wrong. I got the DVD of Nausicaa for Christmas and watched it over. I was wrong to make my hasty judgments. Even the dub is awesome, with an all-star cast including Patrick Stewart and Uma Thurman.

I am sorry, Nausicaa. I am sorry, Miyazaki. Sorry for doubting you.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nausicaa was an awesome anime, capable of standing on it's own on par with Mononoke. You should get around to watching his earlier films too.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home