11 March 2008

Laurie Nemec's World Famous Chicken Thingies!

Now the post we've all been waiting for!!!

Sunday evening I made my boyfriend's mum's recipe for "Chicken Thingies". It's a family "secret" so I was told I could only divulge the recipe if I 1.) Called them "World Famous" and 2.) Gave credit where credit is due. So there you go.

Ease: B

The recipe:

Ingredients
2 cups cooked, chopped chicken (to your taste of fine-ness)
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp chopped chives (or to taste)
2 Tbsp milk
Salt to taste
1/2 cup crushed, seasoned bread crumbs
2 packages crescent rolls
1/4 cup melted butter

Directions
Mix chicken, cream cheese, chives, milk and salt in medium bowl by hand to make filling. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Unroll crescent rolls. Each tube will contain 4 rectangles of dough with diagonal perforations. Press dough along each perforation so the rectangle halves will not separate. Place about 1/4 cup of the mixture into the center of each rectangle. Fold dough over the filling and pinch edges to seal tightly. Dip each packet in melted butter and coat with bread crumbs. Place packets on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Except my version of the recipe says "mile" instead of "milk". Must be a code-word.

PIX!





The players












On the left is what the crescent rolls look like right out of the tube.
On the right is what it'll look like when merged.





Filling the packets. The top left packet is what it should look like when sealed.













Yum!!!!

I hear that the only thing I "could do better" is to chop up the chicken finer, but it's not at all bad roughly chopped like I did.

They *are* reheatable.

And as far as a rating, I'll let the "world famous" title speak for itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home