23 March 2008

Easter Nomulance

My mom made most of the excellent Easter dinner we scarfed down this evening. The menu consisted of:

1 Spiral-Cut Ham (6 lbs)
With three dipping sauces: Apple Raisin, Raspberry, and some Orange Mustardy Crap.
Potatoes Au Gratin
Hot Pineapple Casserole
Green Beans Almondine

The sauce idea was my mom's, since we couldn't figure out a ham glaze that our whole family could agree on. Fortunately, two of the sauces turned out excellently, but the bastardized mustard/orange marmalade/V8 mixture that was the third sauce was lacking (aka vomity). Honey Mustard would have been a better third choice. The Apple Raisin sauce was my favorite. It tasted just like an apple pie!! I could have eaten it by itself, and as my mom suggested, it would probably go GREAT on vanilla ice cream. 




From left to right: Apple Raisin, Orange Mustardy Crap, Raspberry. I apologize for the poor shot, there was brotherference.




The Potatoes Au Gratin (pictured above) recipe was yoinked from Retro Recipes. 

The Hot Pineapple Casserole was my job for the meal. I obtained the recipe from a co-worker last week. It is as follows: 

Hot Pineapple Casserole

Ingredients
2 cans crushed pineapple
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 cup sugar
6 Tbs Pineapple Juice (reserved from cans)
1 cup Ritz crackers, crumbled
6 Tbs flour
1 stick melted butter

Directions:

1. Combine cheese and drained pineapple in medium bowl, and combine sugar, flour and juice in small bowl.
2. Pour contents of small bowl into medium bowl.
3. Empty into casserole dish, top with cracker crumbs, pour melted butter on top.
4. Bake at 350F for 30m.






So tasty! I halved the recipe so we wouldn't have TOO many leftovers. You can also cut back on the butter if you like. The dish was picked clean by the end of the meal. I claim success!


I hope you all had a Happy Easter, Merry Ostara, or *insert adjective here* Purim this week!

Happy Noming!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home