24 August 2008

Awesome Banana Bread

This is my mom's recipe for banana bread, she has it posted here at recipezaar. I've made it about 5 times in the last month now because we keep having leftover bananas at the end of the week that are getting too ripe for my taste.  Only thing I've changed to the post here is the number of bananas - I usually just use two.

Awesome Banana Bread

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup butter (or 1/4 c butter plus 1/4 c applesauce)
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 ripe bananas, mashed
* 1/2 cup low fat or fat free sour cream
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Directions

Cream butter, sugar and eggs together. Combine dry ingredients. Blend both
mixtures, beating until well mixed. Add mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla
and chopped nuts. Pour into buttered loaf pan. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at
350 degrees for one hour. Cool upright for 15-20 minutes before inverting
pan to remove loaf.







Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home